Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sawadee ka. Still in Thailand, two months later!

I've been majorly slacking on updates.... too busy experiencing and not as much reflecting (although I have been keeping a detailed journal of my travels - I've found that to be necessary time spent). Currently I reside at Spa Samui Village (tucked away in the jungle) - a detox, yoga, meditation retreat - consisting of a seven day fast, where we are only allowed to drink juices and detoxifying concoctions. It's day three and already I'm feeling a fantastic energy surge. That is after a roller coaster of emotions and waves of nausea for the first two days.

Flashback on Christmas... stayed with a Thai family in a Muslim village for five days- this made for quite an unusual and memorable Christmas!

New Years was an amazing sight to say the least - on the beach in Khao Lak at a small beach bar pumping out reggae tunes. From there we could see fireworks launched from six different locations at the same time. To intensify this beauty, people lined the beach setting lanterns into the sky with burning flames.

Visited the best scuba diving site in the whole of Thailand - The Similan Islands - spent the night on a live aboard boat. We had an underwater videographer with us for the first few dives, so some of what we saw is captured on film (I'll try to provide the link when I get a hold of the DVD).

Met up with Sylvia, Rachel and Kairon from California - lucky enough to stay at the JW Marriot in Mai Khao beach (Phuket Province). Made for an interesting contrast of accommodations - ranging from the most basic in the villages and the boat to extreme comfort in the resort:)

The world famous Full Moon Party on Kho Pha-Ngan...... is a bit of a blur!! Danced with thousands of others until the sun came up over Haad Rin Beach.

After Ko Samui I plan on flying to Laos, but haven't exactly arranged that far ahead yet - haha. Laos and Cambodia are high on my priority list! When I first planned my trip to SE Asia I never anticipated spending an entire two months in Thailand... I have no complaints:)

I will post pictures soon... I tried to upload a bundle last night, but the computer froze and stress isn't conducive to cleansing!